Quality Intern (Summer 2023) - South Bend, IN
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
3902 W Sample St
South Bend, IN. 46619
The Quality Intern is assigned specific projects and duties that are performed under the direct supervision of the plant Quality Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows, without exception, all instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety equipment.
- Attends all required safety training and stays focused on your assigned task.
- Participates in the general housekeeping of the plant for safe working areas.
- Understands quality specifications to set-up inspection gages for key production lines.
- Ability to read product drawings to ensure that our product meets quality requirements.
- Good oral and written communication skills to improve our quality inspection practices.
- Ability to modify Microsoft Word and Excel documents for inspection instructions.
- Willingness to assist with Quality related concerns found by production operators.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Quality Engineer or Plant Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Prefer technical major in the Engineering or Technology fields.
- Prefer Industrial Quality Inspection experience on production floor.
- Prefer experience with product drawings and using calipers and gages.
- Must have a positive attitude and be resourceful to overcome challenges.
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic.
- Must collaborate well with others and foster teamwork.
- Must be motivated and take initiative to work independently.
- Above average reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
- Able to stand up for excessive periods of time.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.