Sr. Associate, Graphic Design
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
Hubbell Site Flexible
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Sr. Associate, Graphic Design is responsible for creating and elevating brand awareness of Hubbell and its portfolio of brands through creative graphic design. They energize their clients with a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
The Sr. Associate, Graphic Design should be extremely creative, dedicated, and must work well under pressure and against strict deadlines. The right candidate will have exceptional conceptual skills, design expertise and the ability to clearly articulate how conceptual ideas tie to solving business problems. They will ensure a consistent Hubbell voice through storytelling, imagery, and overall look and feel to drive customer awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use best-in-class design tools, techniques, and technologies to produce innovative graphic design and artwork for use in presentations, publications, promotional materials, websites, social media, and other mediums as assigned
- Confer with internal customers to discuss project requirements, objectives, presentation concepts and then coordinate creative activities
- Provide input and collaboration on design concepts, brand standards and creative strategies
- Create custom designs, conforming to creative standards, brand guidelines and project specifications
- Understand and utilize stakeholder or creative leadership feedback to improve designs
- Ensure high quality and on time completion of all work projects
- Serve as the core designer on major projects with an ability to execute successfully with minimal support from team leads
- Support fellow designers on projects with multiple designers supporting
- Work with team leads to develop creative strategy for projects
- Articulate creative strategies, design decisions and present work to creative leads and stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- BFA or BS degree in graphic design, illustration, fine arts, or other relevant field of study.
- At least 5+ years of experience in graphic design or related experience
- Expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- A solid understanding of and hands-on experience applying graphic design principles and best practices
- Proven knowledge of and experience in graphic design, illustration, animation, packaging, web design and multi-media required
- The ability to work with no supervision in delivering high quality work and is capable of effectively collaborating with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent listening, project management, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.