Safety & Environmental Administrator
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Efficiently manage the CMCA safety program, while complying with current ISO requirements, good housekeeping standards, and all safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the accuracy of MSDS books throughout the plant
- Ensure employees wear required PPE in designated areas.
- Ensure employees follow safety regulations.
- Ensure all chemicals in building have a chemical label on the container, including secondary containers.
- Perform annual training for all employees on OSHA required programs
- Maintain workers compensation cases and files.
- Ensure all programs required by OSHA are current and meet all OSHA regulations.
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily and meet the physical demands to successfully perform the essential function of this job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or physical ability required. At CMC’s discretion, exceptions to these can be made to accommodate individual circumstances.
- Language Skills - Good communication skills are key. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Experience working with consolidations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Other Skills and Abilities - Must be detail oriented. Must be organized and have the ability and drive to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!