Application Engineer - Data Centers
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
PCX Corporation is looking for a Sales Engineer to become a part of our rapidly growing company servicing the Data Center market. PCX Corporation is the leading integrator of engineered and pre-fabricated electrical/mechanical systems for the modular data center, commercial and energy markets. Our product offerings include but are not limited to Electrical and Mechanical Skids, Pre-manufactured Indoor/Outdoor Electrical Distribution and Power Equipment Centers, Modular Data Centers, and Custom Integrated switchboards. An entrepreneurial company that was privately held for 24 years, we were acquired by Hubbell Electric in July 2022. We are seeking innovative and talented professionals to join our team. You can visit our website at www.pcxcorp.com for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for quoting and managing integrated electrical and mechanical systems projects, in compliance with the National Electric Code (NEC) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) requirements. This includes large custom-built, skid-based systems and enclosures to house electrical switchgear, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and electrical distribution components; standalone modular data centers, power equipment centers, and integrated switchboards for the company’s stated markets. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in managing multiple concurrent projects in an independent environment. The individual job responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Customer interface to identify and understand project requirements
- Create concept design and drawings/sketches with high-level bill of materials (BOM)
- Generate detailed quote and project plan and assist with proposal content
- Ensure quoted pricing and schedule reflects most up-to-date raw material and component costs and availability
- Interface with PCX Materials, Quality, and Production teams with respect to on-time progress and report any changes back to the end customer in a timely fashion
- Coordinate delivery, receipt, and final billing on projects.
- Conduct post-project performance review and identify practices to maximize project wins and increase efficiency and profitability
- Frequent interface with customers, associates, and suppliers is required, so excellent communication skills are essential. Project reporting and tracking, as well as maintaining budgets and schedules, requires regular reporting.
Skills and Experience
- BSME EE or technical degree required
- 3-5 years’ work experience in project engineering and construction or project planning
- Data center experience preferred – knowledge of power and cooling systems, network and
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints and specifications
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience in the integration of electrical and mechanical systems for custom applications
- Quoting experience as it relates to commercial MEP construction
- Experience in ISO9001:2015 and ERP operating environment
- Good working knowledge of NEC, UL, and ETL for both low and medium voltage applications
- Strong interpersonal skills for developing and functioning in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
370 Spectrum Dr,
Knightdale, NC 27545
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.