Fiber Optic Assembly Associate
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company' greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Manufacturing Associate for the process of terminating fiber optic cable products to produce fiber optic cable assemblies. This is a manufacturing role that requires attention to detail and manual dexterity.
Candidates will be trained -to do the following duties:
- Preparing fiber optic Cable for Termination
- Stripping optical fiber in preparation of the connector
- Preparing Epoxy for a secure and quality connector.
- Attaching the Connector to the Fiber
- Scribing the fiber and Polishing the connector
- Inspecting final connector and quality of the connection
- Testing the Final product
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate parts for fiber assemblies at production floor workstations
- Utilize crimpers, wire cutters, wire strippers, laser wire strippers, digital calipers, and other hand tools to assemble units per customer specifications, drawings or manufacturing process instructions
- Work as a productive team member under immediate supervision of assigned production lead(s) or supervisor
- Properly and accurately record job hours into company database
- Adhere to company policies and procedures described in Employment Manual
- Reliably, neatly, and professionally perform all work
- Drive to meet or exceed time goals for each job performed
- Learn to utilize ERP operating system as related to production and job function
- Follow written instruction or build to print to reach compliance with product requirements
- Strive to meet all company goals including; high quality, safety, and 6S activities within work area
Skills and Experience
Any previous experience in electronic or fiber optic cable assembly is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.