Punch Press Operator #2
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
600 South Clark Street
Mayville WI 53050
Set up and operate a variety of punch presses to perform punching, drawing and forming operations on all types of material to the required tolerances. Will have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to advance to Punch Press Operator #1 classification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and produce parts from the information obtained to the required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts produced and perform first-piece inspection, as well as subsequent inspections, to ensure overall quality.
- Responsible for taking care of routine maintenance and keeping the work area neat and clean.
- Follow all rules regarding machine operation and machine guarding.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
Skills and Experience
- Possess and use machinist squares, dial calipers and other inspection equipment to ensure the quality of the parts produced. Must be equipped with all the required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.