Systems Architect, Logistics - Hubbell Site Flexible
Location: Arden, North Carolina, Aurora, Illinois, Centralia, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Site Flexible
The Systems Architect is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of warehousing and logistics business applications for Hubbell. Primary responsibility will be centered on SAP EWM, WM, TMS, and integration to other warehouse automation applications.
Under the direction of the IT Director, Logistics, the Systems Architect will participate in the planning, managing, and implementation of system rollouts and continuous improvements that support the Hubbell logistics, warehousing, and distribution strategies. They will be responsible staying current on latest trends and technology while architecting new solutions using the latest industry best practices.
The Systems Architect may act as Project Manager for large IT-related Logistics projects. They will also be responsible for managing and leading consultants reporting directly to them to achieve project and business objectives. Additionally, the Systems Architect may provide support for daily help desk ticket triaging and remediation as needed.
The Systems Architect must possess a strong functional and technical knowledge of SAP EWM and Transportation Management (TM), along with practical understanding of warehousing processes. They must have excellent customer service skills that foster collaborative and productive relationships with our internal and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with partners across the organization to understand their challenges.
- Stays current on new technology offerings and industry trends.
- Promotes the use of standard system functionality that meet business requirements.
- Documents business requirements, designs processes, and configures system solutions.
- Leads and coordinates testing efforts for application upgrades.
- Determine the roadmap to smoothly convert our WM sites to EWM.
- Oversees the delivery of new and complex solutions including testing and support.
- Maintains a clear vision and full understanding of the overall IT strategies.
- Provides subject matter expertise for technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Provides level 3 support for triaging issues reported through daily help desk tickets.
- Performs all change management activities required by corporate governance policies.
Skills and Experience
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)
- SAP Transportation Management (TM)
- SAP Warehouse Management (WM) & Logistics Execution (LE)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Is assertive, proactive, and self-directed
- SAP Solution Manager
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Warehouse automation applications and integration to SAP
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross functional teams
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.