Manager, Environmental/Health/Safety & Facilities - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Fenton, MO 63026
The Environmental/Health/Safety & Facilities Manager is responsible for administering, maintaining, and improving the safety management system of the facility. In this hands-on role, this person will also execute the tactical aspects of security, maintenance, and service of the building while adhering to regulatory (e.g. OSHA and EPA) requirements for operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Hourly Maintenance employees
- Works with Lease Holder in the management of the building within the business park.
- Acts as the liaison with the local fire & protection agencies.
- Leads facility in contractor services such as security monitoring and cleaning.
- Develops, trains, and provides input to hazardous material communications, including maintaining Safety Data Sheets.
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations regarding health and safety regulations per applicable government agencies.
- Develops and facilitates training for workers on issues related to health and safety.
- Compiles information to complete government reports and meet set deadlines.
- Identifies proactive solutions and suggestions for improvement to leadership team.
- Responds to on-site emergencies and incidents that may fall during off-hours.
- Conduct Incident Investigations using Root Cause methodology and submits findings to the corporate level.
- Monitors the manufacturing floor daily to ensure all activity meets safety and environmental compliance.
- Executes and inputs data into safety management software.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in the EHS field and Facilities Management with Supervision experience.
- Lean tool experience required with Green/Black belt a plus.
- ERP system (SAP) experience a plus.
- Digital Safety Management System (Benchmark) experience a plus.
- Understanding of EPA & OSHA regulations with individual certifications preferred. Presentation skills and ability to interact and address large audiences. Required to be engaging and personable to all employees.
- Possess the skills necessary to read, analyze, and interpret general regulations, procedures, and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks and projects while being detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the assembly tools, machinery, and general building equipment.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understanding facility electrical and mechanical aspects.
- Must be able to stand/walk or sit/type 10-90% of workday. Occasional lifting required (up to 35 lbs.).
- Degreed or Comparable on the job experience preferred
- 10% - 20% Travel.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.