Specialist II Quality
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Ave E
Aiken, SC 29801
The Quality Specialist – Calibration shall provide technical oversight and leadership in the areas of Calibration, Receiving Inspection, Document Control, I-PPI dispositions for the Aiken SC, Business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with Quality Manager and deliver to Goals, Objectives, and Planning as provided.
- Provide daily factory floor support on matters any issues associated with Calibration.
- Provide leadership & support of the Document Control and Receiving Inspector (RI) roles
- Coordinate RI SAP Quality Module and implementation in 2023 with responsibilities for future sustainment.
- Provide technical support as required of the FAI with Incoming Inspection Specification (IIS) for material inspection plans.
- Author, Edit and Participate in reviews of documents to Maintain all process Calibration, Doc. Control and Receiving Inspection Process Documentation.
- Assist and promote quality improvements and cost savings, through continual improvement processes such as Corrective Actions addressing identified issues.
- Provide expertise in product inspections, and material testing.
- Provide quality support to all Quality Procurements activities.
- Work with factory Engineering to develop Quality Calibration Plan’s for new devices to ensure product quality.
- Provide backup support to RI personnel during periods of excess backlog and or hot parts.
- Provide Cross functional training opportunities within the Quality Organization
Skills and Experience
- Technical Degree preferred (i.e., Electrical, or Mechanical Technology, etc.)
- Must possess a minimum 3 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to effectively work in an empowered environment remote from immediate management.
- Microsoft Office Suite of tools (MS… Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio, etc.…), SAP, Gage Pack. etc
- Problem solving expertise. Six Sigma Green Belt a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Engineering regarding Calibration & Inspection technical matters.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Must have the ability to write procedures, work instructions, and visual aids.
- Ability to interpret product and component prints.
- Working knowledge of SPC tools & analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge of Quality related Operational processes/Instrumentation.
- Acceptance Rejection Criteria
- Calibration techniques and tracking, including Out of Calibration leadership.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time (> 1 Hr.) & lift 50lbs.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.