2nd Shift- CC1 Backup Grinder - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Armorcast is looking to add a Backup Grinder in the 2nd shift whose backup assignment will be working in the grinding area de-flashing and grinding thermoset boxes of various sizes by using large and small handheld grinders when needed. The person holding this position will primarily work in our Casting- CC1 area in conjunction with the Grinding area. The base pay of this position is $20.75 plus 10% of base pay for hours worked in the 2nd shift ($2.07).
Duties and Responsibilities
When working in the Grinding/deflashing:
- Primary assignment will not be Grinding. Employees will be used for grinding when there is a shortage of human resource in the operation and will work no more than 80 Hours grinding each month.
- Learn and understand how to deflash and grind thermoset boxes using an electrical grinder– Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Work in an efficient manner maintaining part shift through/put quantity requirements.
When working in Casting- CC1:
- Learn and understand standard operation of numerically controlled computerized Auto casting machine.
- Learn and understand resin delivery and inorganic material delivery system operation/equipment.
- Cast material into assembled composite tool/mold fill lines – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Remove parts from tools/molds in a safe manner, trim and deflash as instructed using hand tools, inspect for product quality, and place/stack onto pallets.
- Learn safety emergency shutdown procedures concerning spills, leaks, or other issue-related issues.
When working in all areas:
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear all company-issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately report any unsafe activity or accident the to area Supervisor
- Show ability to work in a team environment following a “buddy system” to lift and move parts that are over 50 lbs.
- Show awareness of surroundings and body movements inside the grinding booth, as the working area is small in space.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety and through-put quantity requirements.
- Keep the area clean, follow good housekeeping practices.
Skills and Experience
- Heavy manufacturing or construction experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a group environment and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in a fast paced environment with repetitive motion, clutch, lift, grab, bend, stoop, push and pull with no difficulties, be on feet during work shift, and clearly communicate issues.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).