Product Manager - St. Louis, MO
Location: Herndon, Virginia, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Product Manager, Software Platform & Programming Tools is responsible for all aspects of product management including developing product strategies and roadmaps, leading New Product Introductions (NPIs), product pricing, promotion, and meeting aggressive growth goals for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, the Product Manager will be responsible for understanding the unique needs of each customer and customer segment for Hubbell’s software products, while driving standardization across the software for our Field Programming tools and the AclaraOne software platform. Ultimately, the platforms will support the Hubbell Utility Systems product lines, incorporating sensors and next generation network devices into the platform for visualization and reporting, including additional Utility Automation and Distribution Automation products. The Product Manager will also be responsible for growing the software product portfolio, driving analytics and visualization capabilities to support electric, water, and gas utilities.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a business-oriented or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Product Manager, with demonstrated success defining technical products.
- Thorough understanding of Lean-Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Experience with data visualization and SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions
- Experience working on a team with engineers, sales, finance, and customers
- Experience performing market research and collecting competitive information
- Experience developing and maintaining a product roadmap
- Experience with development tools to manage software feature backlogs
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Solid public speaking skills; able to present ideas, conclusions, and recommendations with clarity to diverse business audiences.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA) or Engineering.
- Direct experience with multi-platform products, including both hardware and software components.
- Significant work experience within the utility industry, at a commercial or technical application level.
- Experience with continuous integration and release management
77 W Port PLZ Dr Ste 500, Saint Louis, MO 63146
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.