Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position would report to the Business Unit (BU) Controller and would assist in monthly closing, planning, and forecasting activities, ad hoc analysis, and helping to ensure adherence to Company Policies and Procedures. Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, aiding in monthly close process, posting of journal entries, and preparation of financial reporting. Responsibilities require fundamental knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in revenue and expense planning and forecasting
- Analyzing revenue and costs actuals against plan
- Perform month end activities for our close process including preparing journal entries and supporting BU Controller in close activities
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Oversee compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including internal control documentation and testing of internal controls
- Provide support for internal and external compliance audits
- Assist in the fixed asset control and maintenance processes (tracking spend, capitalizing, tagging)
- Monitor and verify unusual account activity throughout the period.
- Special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of applicable accounting or auditing experience
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (i.e. VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior analytical and organizational skills
- Experience working with multi currencies, a plus
- Detail oriented with understanding of end-to-end processes
- Strong interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work across all organizational levels, departments and groups
- Teamwork skills - demonstrated support of peers and respectful communication
46 Nooks Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.