Manufacturing Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Greater Birmingham Area (Leeds, AL)
The Manufacturing Engineer is a hands-on shop floor-based engineering role in which you will oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost, as well as lead capital improvement projects at times. Processes will include, but not be limited to, the following areas: CNC machining, metals fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, custom PLC controlled equipment, etc.
What You Will Do
- Process Oversight and Troubleshooting:
- Oversee and troubleshoot daily manufacturing processes in areas such as CNC machining, metals fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, custom PLC controlled equipment, etc.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Pursue continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and productivity increases while minimizing cost.
- Capital Improvement Projects:
- Lead capital improvement projects to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing processes.
- Design and Development:
- Work closely with the product design team to ensure manufacturability of new products and designs.
- Quality Control:
- Work with the quality control team to ensure that manufacturing processes meet or exceed quality standards.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Train and mentor shop floor personnel in manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and policies and promote a culture of safety within the manufacturing team.
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Strong background in Manufacturing Engineering, with experience in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with CNC machining, metals fabrication equipment, mechanical and hydraulic presses, and custom PLC controlled equipment is also helpful but not required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.