Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Manchester, New Hampshire, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St Louis, MO
The Systems Architect is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and support of SAP sales and marketing business functionality for Hubbell. Under the direction of the IT Director, Sales & Marketing, the Systems Architect will focus on the identification, planning, managing, and implementations of new Sales and Marketing business processes and functionality.
- Responsible for standardization and continuous improvement of current processes.
- Must possess a strong technical knowledge of SAP Sales and Marketing and be able to provide leadership and support to team members.
- Requires strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
The Systems Analyst also demonstrates the following key competencies:
- Is assertive, initiative-taking, and self-directed.
- Can work independently or on a team while consistently providing timely project statuses to stakeholders.
- Can lead and direct team members when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Standards and governance in their area of functional expertise will be set and governed by the Systems Architect ensuring adherence across the entire SAP application landscape.
- Ensure best practices and standards are adhered to across all SAP OTR teams.
- Develop, communicate, and deploy functional governance standards and best practices.
- Drive solution architecture and ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
- Design and provide solutions to fit the requirements of the project stakeholders, customers, and end users conforming to the standards established by the IT organization.
- Review and critique the solutions of others.
- Assess and direct IT project activities to ensure compliance with established IT and industry standards.
- Incorporate information about roadmaps and evolving standards from IT peer organizations (security, framework, infrastructure, etc.) into designs by actively soliciting advice from those organizations.
- Be accountable for maintaining high levels of solution design, change control, standardization, and reusability, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- Change management review and approvals throughout the change process.
- Providing mentoring and guidance on industry and SAP best practice and standards.
- Strong drive for standardization and reusability while providing support for standardization.
- End-user support and communication.
- Key contributor to design reviews and solution design.
- Solution concept design and estimation.
- Inter-team and intra-team communication.
- Commitment to knowledge sharing.
- Management of distinct project segments
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Marketing.
- Minimum 10 years in IT with experience in multiple technology platforms is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on enterprise-wide platforms is required.
- Exceptional SAP QTC functional knowledge across SD/MM, pricing, ATP, CS, logistics, integration experience, basic EDI knowledge.
- Broader level of functional knowledge with Sales, Pre-Sales, Operations & Finance.
- Greater proven implementation experience on a wider range of projects with a greater scope in terms of technological and geographical span.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.