2nd shift Welder
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Welding Machines to ensure quality parts are produced and provided to the customer in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operator will be required to set-up, adjust machines, and equipment in order to produce an acceptable quality product.
- Will receive instructions, prints, and route sheets for the job. Will organize and plan operational duties for the shift he/she is assigned.
- Will be required to set-up, operate, program, and trouble shoot Robot Systems (material handling, drilling, and welding) of other robotics pieces of equipment in the welding process to achieve acceptable levels in productivity, and quality.
- Perform all required quality tests, certifications, and production checks as required by Quality Assurance or his/her supervisor.
- Operator will continually visually inspect product, record production as required, report/record scrap, and other various duties or rework as assigned.
- Operator will be required to make routine equipment adjustments to insure the process is efficient and welding to company standards at all times.
- Will be required to manually repair, or hand weld some products that are below standard, due to tolerance variables during the Robotic operations.
- Operator will need to know how to operate overhead crane, forklift, hand held grinder, and other department equipment.
- Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Must be able to work as a team.
Skills and Experience
- Must be qualified and successfully held a Certified Welder’s job or its equivalent, either in position or be certified by a technical institute.
- Operator will be required to pass the AWS Certification Test per Company Welding Policy.
- Must be able to satisfactorily use calipers, gages, and other measuring devices.
- Will be required to perform SPC procedures and tests, then interpret findings in order to make appropriate changes in the process.
- Must be able to navigate the HMI (Human-Machine Interface)
- Highly motivated and willing to solve problems.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.