Sr. Manager II Sales Support - Cromwell, CT
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Lead the Sales Support team to develop and execute strategies to grow the Ripley/Miller tools and test equipment business in target market segments including electric utility, renewables, FTTX, broadband, CATV, wireless, OEM cable, connector manufacturing, and other adjacent market segments. This is a key role within the company which will lead to long-term sustainable growth measured by incremental operating profit. The role leverages existing sales channels, sales teams, manufacturer partnerships, industry-leading new product development capabilities, and expertise in cable preparation and installation tools and testing applications. Ripley and Miller are leading brands of utility infrastructure installation and testing tools with facilities in the US (Connecticut, New Hampshire), Canada (Ontario), and the United Kingdom, and part of Hubbell Incorporated, a $4 Billion global supplier of electrical and utility products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and coordinate with Sales Support Managers and Hubbell Sales Teams to define and execute sales growth strategies.
- Supervise and coordinate efforts of the global Ripley/Miller Sales Support Team.
- Engage actively with other manufacturers to partner with for sales of Ripley/Miller Tools products to end user customers.
- Seek new business for sell-to, sell-through, and sell-with opportunities, including private label sales under other company brands.
- Engage with customers and end users to co-develop new products via Ripley Labs for telecom, wireless, and power utility installation markets.
- Develop strategies and plans to target key opportunities across the company and channel partners.
- Communicate strategies, plans, and needed actions effectively across the organization to assure alignment and achievement.
- Develop long-term relationships with key customers, partners, and industry influencers.
- Extensive travel required in North America with occasional international travel.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to travel on business related trips.
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment, as required.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in business development or sales in a related industry with experience successfully defining and executing sales growth strategies.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience that demonstrates strong business acumen and leadership skills
(experience in a manufacturing environment preferred)
- 5+ years supervisory/management experience
- Ability to develop industry relationships, identify new opportunities, and create and execute strategies that result in new business in a dynamic marketplace.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.