Senior Systems Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are on a journey, with our electric, gas and water utility partners, to supply smart infrastructure solutions to enable automation and control of their distribution networks. Our cloud native solutions are foundation to more resilient, efficient and ultimately modern grid and ensure security, stability and operational efficiency across all three commodities: electric, water and gas.
At Aclara Technologies LLC, a division of Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), cloud native and meter data management solutions. We also offer advanced grid monitoring and grid analytics, asset management and field project management and installation solution, and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities. Our cloud native industrial IoT and predictive analytics solutions give our customers actionable insights with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
Join us on this journey in providing smart infrastructure solutions and helping our customers deal with today’s and tomorrow’s complex challenges. (See more at www.Aclara.com)
The Systems Engineer will lead all aspects of system design, throughout the development lifecycle. This includes figuring out product requirements, defining the design vision, and working closely with marketing, engineering, sales, and support to ensure design performance and schedule goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing and Management to understand customer requirements for system applications.
- Support Marketing in the analysis of new systems. This could include writing analysis/simulation programs or developing Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform end-to-end system analysis and design of a complex systems (hardware, software, communications).
- Write specifications gathering functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing.
- Resolve the architectural design for significant changes to the product portfolio.
- Lead the technical development and drive the implementation in multi-functional development teams to deliver a quality product.
- Influence team members to work coherently and follow the product development process.
- Ensure project schedules are met and provide design/development options to overcome timing obstacles.
- Provide in-depth technical support on Hubbell’s technologies to customers.
- Identify technologies and processes to drive improvements in system operation, tools, and organizational performance.
- Support field installation questions using systems knowledge and specialized analysis.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years' of demonstrated ability in which analysis of sophisticated systems was a meaningful part of the job.
- Experience in defining sophisticated products working with the hardware, software, and system level requirements for the product.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build product specifications detailing functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary functions (engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience within the medium voltage power industry at a technical application level.
- Electronic communication systems background.
- Electronic hardware and software development experience
St. Louis, Missouri
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.