Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to our growing team!
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading & coordinating manufacturing process development for new projects and maximizing productivity, safety, quality and efficiency for existing & new products. Some daily responsibilities include diverse tasks like coordinating with engineering, manufacturing, sales, production, supply chain, quality and other teams to identify and assist with equipment needs, tooling, maintenance, technical issues and work standards. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated & accountable for coming up with initiatives, programs implementations, and for making recommendations in order to increase productivity, quality, profitability, and improving the efficiency of operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify issues with production equipment and proactively seek and drive solutions.
- Lead machine & equipment maintenance programs.
- Develop manufacturing planning & engineering processes for new projects, including identification, procurement and coordination for the required equipment/tools.
- Identify, justify and implement cost reduction and quality improvements activities by using new or better technologies, automation, system integrations and lean practices.
- Provide support to resolve shop floor technical problems.
- Collaborate with the Quality Department to ensure that all issues are resolved through Root Cause analysis and corrective actions deployed and properly maintained.
- Develop manufacturing processes for new products & validate the processes by performing applicable DRY/PILOT runs.
- Establish and maintain test specifications and equipment for finished goods, sub-assemblies, and components.
- Develop and maintain work standards.
- Establish routings for existing products and determines manufacturing cost and estimates.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required. Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering specialization preferred. Other engineering can be considered with appropriate experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- AutoCAD including 3D experience required
- Automation experience is required
- MS Office Proficient
This position is located at 6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135.
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology. Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!#LI-HB1