Buyer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Buyer to our growing team!
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors, as a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Qualifies and selects vendors that will provide the best value to the Company relative to product quality, price and delivery.
- Manages supply chain risk relative to supply availability and vendor performance.
- Negotiates supply contracts (purchase costs, deliveries and lead times).
- Measures and reports vendor performances.
- Executes daily purchasing activities including proper authorization to purchase, purchase order input, accuracy, and distribution based on production demand.
- Interacts with all company departmental personnel and assists with supply chain issues.
- Implements process improvements within the supply chain.
- Review and process MRP messages from SAP.
- Issue and catalog Request For Quote (RFQ)
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Three (3) plus years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Efficient on Microsoft applications (Excel specifically)
- High degree of organization, discipline, self-motivation and evaluation
- Large ERP system experience required (SAP highly preferred)
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology. Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135