PCB Assembler - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N.
Largo, FL 33773
Performs a variety of tasks involved in the assembly of electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems. Works fairly independently or under minimal supervision of the Group Leader. Perform duties in accordance with Manufacturing Department/ISO 9000 written procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of tasks involved in the assembly of electronic components, subassemblies, products, or systems by performing the following duties as required.
- Reads work orders, follow production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Crimps, solders, or performs similar mechanical operations to join or secure parts in place per IPC 610C Class II, J-Standard –001C.
- Mounts assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets, on chassis' or panels.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit board or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as conformal coating parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
- Performs on-line inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards. Identify workmanship defects.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, the Company's safety and attendance policies.
- Work overtime as needed.
- May assist with material handling function.
- May assist with Final Assembly, Test, and Production Control functions as needed.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Tends machines that press or shape component parts.
- May set up and prepare workstations.
Skills and Experience
- No formal education is required. One-year experience soldering and/or electromechanical assembly of PC boards including the following skills is required.
- Ability to identify electronic and mechanical components (i.e.: resistor color codes and mechanical hardware, etc.)
- Ability to interpret assembly blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret assembly process documentation.
- Precision soldering to the IPC-A-610C
- Knowledge of surface mount assembly and rework may be required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.