Welding Supervisor (2nd Shift) - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a 2nd Shift Welding Supervisor to our growing team!
The WeldingSupervisor for 2nd shift will be responsible for developing continual product and process improvement techniques in the area of raw material refining, manufacturing and packaging for the products. The company is hiring a 2nd Shift Welding Supervisor to oversee the raw material refining, manufacturing, and packaging for the products. The supervisor will be responsible for providing leadership and line management to the work cell crew, ensuring production targets, quality standards, and safety measures are met. Other duties include supporting work order closures, performing root cause analysis, and maintaining production metrics. The ideal candidate should have three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, experience in lean manufacturing, and strong communication and leadership skills. Our 2nd shift hours are 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM Monday - Thursday, Fridays only if scheduled and we work hard to not work Saturdays! We look forward to connecting with you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and line management to the work cell crew, assisting in coordinating workloads, providing support, monitoring issues, ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met for the work cell.
- Aid in ensuring people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner, that team follows defined standard work procedures while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Reinforce and lead by example full adherence to 5’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices.
- Support work order closures and stock control transactions.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and resolving problems in work cell, keeping management fully communicated throughout the process.
- Be a committed participant in undertaking required continuous training and development, during the timeline expected and as required for the position.
- Assist management in routine performance, quality, safety, and attendance corrective actions with employees in your work cell.
- Required to communicate and maintain your work cell’s production metrics and information and at times communicate results to various levels of organization in both formal and informal settings.
- Monitoring time and attendance and ensure compliance with policy.
- Assist in carrying out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Interface as required with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production.
- Leading by example is important in this role. This requires you to begin to develop and learn how to lead your team positively and build a culture of respect and teamwork for all.
Skills and Experience
- Three (3) years experience as Supervisor in a Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to learn and execute transactions in SAP
- Ability to participate and lead in a team-orientated environment.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop leadership skills that bring teams together.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology. Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135