New Product Development Engineer (Electromechanical) - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The New Product Development Engineer will be involved in all facets of engineering required for the development on new products relating to High Voltage Switching and Fusing.
This position will provide the opportunity to become highly practiced and proficient in the design and testing of products for the electric utility industry.
The Product Development Engineer will also support manufacturing, quality, and applications as required throughout the product commercialization process.
What You Will Do
- Product Design: Design new products relating to High Voltage Switching and Fusing for the electric utility industry, ensuring that they meet or exceed customer and industry standards.
- Testing: Test and validate new product designs to ensure that they meet performance and reliability requirements.
- Documentation: Create and maintain technical documentation for new product designs, including specifications, drawings, and test reports.
- Manufacturing Support: Provide support to manufacturing teams to ensure that new products can be manufactured efficiently and effectively.
- Quality Support: Provide support to quality teams to ensure that new products meet or exceed quality standards.
- Applications Support: Provide support to the applications team to ensure that new products are properly specified and installed in customer applications.
- Commercialization: Support the commercialization process for new products, including product launches and training for sales and customer service teams.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience in Product design and Development either Mechanical, Electrical or both.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- A passion for innovation and new product design
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.