Operations Manager - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring a new Operations Manager to our growing team!
The job involves leading and managing the manufacturing process, ensuring production schedules, cost objectives, safety programs, and overall strategic planning are met. The candidate should have at least 8 years of manufacturing management experience, a bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Business Management, and knowledge of financial management. They should also have experience with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma quality processes, proficiency in Excel, excellent communication skills, and be motivated to drive change. Bilingual skills in Spanish and English and SAP experience are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on operations initiatives and necessary changes.
- Plan, organize and manage the activities necessary to meet production schedules and cost objectives.
- Selects and maintain qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly and supervise the hiring, development, evaluation and termination, if necessary, of all other personnel responsible to direct reports.
- Execute plans for additional equipment, improved processes, and facilities when required.
- Maintain safety programs to assure conformance to company, corporate and government requirements.
- Be a leader in overall strategic planning to include production and productivity improvement activities and growth strategies.
- Ensure that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer standards.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture.
- Manage requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness.
- Leadership of the company’s manufacturing function including management and expansion of team. Facilitates the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans.
- Responsible for preparing the organization for ongoing change.
- Responsible for the development and management of the annual operating budget.
- Lead managers to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Monitor performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and corrective action, if necessary, is taken.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience manufacturing management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Business Management or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Management.
- Experience in a growth-oriented sales and marketing organization.
- 5+ years experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma quality processes.
- Proficiency in Excel along with all other computer skills is needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both on plant floor and in executive office.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to drive change and is motivated to exceed expectations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish & English) preferred
- SAP experience a plus
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.