Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location but may include the following:
- Gain knowledge of the industry regarding the Hubbell business location.
- Take initiative and work independently with guidance from a mentor.
- Conduct testing and quality assurance.
- Perform data analysis using Java and MySQL databases. Participate in an agile scrum team.
- Work on Proof of Concept on any new features/ideas.
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on the business group, location, and the project outlined
Skills and Experience:
- Actively enrolled in an accredited university working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering (e.g., Software, Computer, Electrical, or Computer Science)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong computer skills with preferred experience using Software development tools (Microsoft Visual Studio, etc.)
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages, frameworks, and software development domains as needed.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Design
- Interest in designing and implementing public cloud solutions (e.g., Azure Services, AWS).
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.