Automation Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities, including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration, and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, Continuous Improvement, etc.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in the performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects and the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and participate in additional activities/events to help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Engineering research and technical assistance to engineers
- Review current engineering program activities to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Perform tests to assure quality control
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on the business Group, location, and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Computer, Industrial, Civil, Aerospace, or STEM related degree)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Results-driven, accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.