Warehouse Associate I
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential, and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty, and an exceptional sales force.
20 Glenn Bridge Rd, Arden, NC 28704
The role of the Warehouse Associate I is to select material handling equipment (Pallet jack, Forklifts, etc.) within the warehouse walls to move and shift products and build customer orders. All customer orders are loaded onto delivery trucks to be delivered to customer locations. Our Warehouse Associates are a key component in providing excellent service to our customers and in getting our variety of products into the hands of our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform operations to load and unload freight in an efficient manner
- Move product to storage areas with the proper equipment and efficiently stack and store the product in the appropriate area.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Accurately build customer orders for shipment on a repetitive basis, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is packed and shipped. Carry or transport orders to the shipping/packing areas with material handling equipment. Sort, mark, or pack orders lifting, up to 50 lbs. of product safely and repetitively as requested.
- Repack, label, and weigh orders as required to ensure shipment of the product will be received in good condition.
- Operate all material handling equipment safely. Daily inspect and perform minor maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure paperwork is completed appropriately and handled accurately
- Check or count product for accuracy and damage.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly warehouse. Conduct activities in a manner that promotes safety.
- Charge and/or change forklift batteries. Perform labeling, sorting, strapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- Assist with the taking of physical inventory.
- Perform miscellaneous activities as directed by your manager to efficiently support the warehouse operation.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of appropriate handling, safety, and warehouse standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations with hand-held calculator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to complete required written and oral duties and instructions.
- Ability to handle regular job problems within a defined area of responsibility using basic problem-solving skills.
- Requires ability to operate a forklift, stock picker, reach truck, and pallet jack.
- Ability to perform work for a minimum of eight hours.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to floor.
- These physical requirements are generalities and work may occasionally exceed the specified levels.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.