Manager, Product Development - Manchester, NH (Hybrid)
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
As a Product Manager you will be involved in strategic planning of the product line, managing profitability and gross margin, developing new products, product maintenance, and be responsible for advertising and other responsibilities such as product training.
47 E. Industrial Park Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop specific and measurable objectives for product lines associated with assigned market.
- Participate in developing and updating the Annual Strategic Plan.
- Develop a pricing strategy for all product responsibilities to maximize gross margin.
- Establish pricing promotions (as necessary) to drive product sales
- Monitor market/industry pricing trends to adjust as necessary to meet margin goals
- Work with Field Sales to establish competitive pricing to capture incremental new business opportunities and/or maintain market share
- Participate in the development of new product ideas and opportunities.
- Support development criteria for new product ideas.
- Responsible for introduction of new products in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for new product forecasts (dollars and quantity).
- Participate in field surveys and evaluation of new product opportunities.
- Recommend removal of low volume or unprofitable products.
- Audit assigned products to ensure quality and value.
- Periodically review and provide guidance and direction for product engineering activities.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitors and products in concert with Pricing Administrator.
- Responsible for product training to field sales teams and internal teams.
- Works closely with Advertising, Customer Service, Pricing Administrator, Marketing and Field Sales teams.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
- Project Management skills: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Ability to travel 20-40% within North America.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
You’ve got this!