Welder I -Clayton, NC
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The PCX Welding Technician must be proficient with various welding equipment such a MIG, TIG to
perform structural steel welding for PCX’s modular base frames and enclosure products. The welder will
also use oxygen acetylene torches and plasma arc equipment to cut different thicknesses of steel for
manufacturing PCX’s “walk-in” enclosures and skid based assemblies. The welder will be working as part
of a team of welders completing structural parts and assemblies to specific blueprint dimensions and in
compliance with PCX’s strict safety standards and an ISO9001:2015 quality system.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Position Requirements:
- Must follow PCX safety guidelines and requirements
- Must pass the PCX welding test
- Must supply welding helmet and necessary tools (chipping hammers, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with MIG, TIG and Arc welding experience in various
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and assembly
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience utilizing oxy acetylene cutting equipment
- Minimum of 3 years’ metal working experience utilizing press brakes, drill presses and
- Must verify conformance of work to specifications
- Must exhibit quality workmanship
- Complete Time Reporting Sheets
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Able to lift 50# consistently
- Ability to work 10 hours per day and weekends as required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Successful background check and drug-screen testing required.
Skills and Experience
xperience that is a Plus:
- 3-5 years’ structural steel welding experience
- AWS D1.1 qualified
- Familiar with weld testing methods I.e. dye penetrant
- Experience and Skill in utilizing metalworking equipment (Shear, Brake, Etc.)
- Framing experience
- Plasma arc experience
- Laser measuring
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.