Copper Winder- 2nd Shift - Cuba, MO ($19.50 - $20.50 including shift differential)
Location: Cuba, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1 Andrew's Way
Cuba, MO 65453
This position requires operating a winding machine or using hand application, in order to apply copper winding and layer insulation to the cores according to the production specification sheets. Must be able to inspect and verify proper material usage and dimension requirements.
* Climate controlled facility. * Up to 4 weeks paid time off. * 11 Paid Holidays * Benefits *Competitive wages w/ a $1.50 shift differential for 2nd shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently or with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Assure that all products meet the highest standard of quality
- Perform pre-inspection and post-inspection of cores and materials
- Must have understanding of standard and metric units
- Follow all safety rules
- Ability to differentiate magnet wire types as well as imperfections and crossed wires
- Must be able to set up winding machine, understand settings & functions, and ensure machine is running properly to avoid unnecessary down time
- Operate a pallet jack
- Adhere to all company rules and policies
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Have the ability to safely operate a hoist
Skills and Experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Read, use and understand measuring devices
- Have the ability to stand for extensive periods of time
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Must be able to work well with others and foster teamwork
- Must be motivated and be able to work independently
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.