Sr. Associate Design Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Street
Leeds, AL 35094
The Sr. Associate Design Engineer, with focus on Medium and High Voltage connectors, will lead and participate in New Product Development for distribution, substation, transmission and communication market products. The Engineer will lead the commercialization process of new products from idea generation through product launch. The Engineer will also lead design to value projects for medium and high voltage connectors.
What You Will Do
- New Product Development: Lead and participate in new product development projects for distribution, substation, transmission, and communication market products related to medium and high voltage connectors.
- Commercialization: Lead the commercialization process for new products, from idea generation through product launch, ensuring that new products meet or exceed customer and industry standards.
- Design to Value Projects: Lead design to value projects for medium and high voltage connectors, working with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to reduce cost while maintaining or improving product performance.
- Product Design: Develop and design products, including 3D modeling, prototyping, testing, and validation, ensuring that products meet or exceed customer and industry standards.
- Project Management: Manage project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, quality, sales, and marketing, to ensure that products are designed and developed to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
What You Bring
- Hunger/desire to grow in Engineering
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Materials, or Electrical Engineering
- Prior Engineering work experience in part/product design
- Experience and knowledge in testing and/or product development.
- Mechanical design background using strength of materials
- Experience in FEA, Solid Modeling (AutoDesk Inventor), and rapid prototyping would be helpful but not required
- Experience in Sand Cast, Permanent Mold/Gravity Die Casting and Plastic Injection Molded Part Design would be helpful but not required
- Strong analytical skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.