Solution Performance Engineer (Hubbell Site Flexible) - Solon, OH
Location: Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Solution Performance Engineer to our team!
At Aclara (a Hubbell Company), we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks.
We offer a comprehensive suite of solutions comprised of meters and edge devices, advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), headend and consumer engagement software, installation services and provision of labor with a single point of accountability to utilities.
Solon, OH or St. Louis, MO
The Solution Performance Engineer provides comprehensive analysis for Smart Infrastructure Solutions products and systems. Using engineering disciplines, sophisticated data analytics, field investigations, and problem-solving skills, you will be tasked with identifying, detailing, and resolving issues found with pilot or production fielded products/systems. Communication and interpersonal skills are key to success in this highly engaging position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use data analytics to identify, analyze, investigate, supervise, and document patterns/trends in the performance of fielded products/systems.
- Investigate and troubleshoot unexpected systems and/or product performance issues both remotely and through field investigations.
- Prepare reports that document problems, investigations, root cause analyses, and corrective actions.
- Support our clients in Aclara’s proprietary hardware and software KPI review presentations.
- Effectively communicate with clients and management on technical issues that impact the product performance or design of Aclara’s private networks.
- Identify process and technological improvements to help drive overall organizational efficiency.
- Capture, document, and communicate lessons-learned from performance investigation activities.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline
- Sophisticated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Proven self-starter capable of working independently, as well as under supervision, in a team environment to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effectively interface and connect with clients
- Experience with programming and scripting languages like Python, SQL, VB, etc.
- Experience with data presentation tools like Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with RF principles, RF protocols, UHF spectrum, and data transmission.
- Frequent walking/sitting.
- Ability to travel via air or land 25% of the time.
- Able to lift 50lbs. (Example would be lifting Pelican case loaded with test equipment)