Maintenance Crafts - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Perform and combination of following tasks to keep the plant and the machinery operating.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work safely on variety of equipment to carry out preventive, reactive and predictive maintenance.
- Trouble shoot electronic, hydraulic and electromechanical equipment (including, turret punches, laser, Mechanical/hydraulic power presses, robotics, and other specialized equipment)
- Read, interpret and program PLC controllers and languages
- Determine root cause of equipment failures and develop preventative measures
- Perform electrical/mechanical fabrication and alterations
- Diagnose machine operation failures and downtime utilizing machine manuals, PLCs and other tools, including diagrams, wiring layouts, blueprints, schematics etc.
- Inspect, operate or test machinery/equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools (hammers, hoists, drills etc.) to precision measuring instruments.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, machinery or equipment.
- Inspect drives, motors and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions.
- Perform preventative maintenance throughout the plant. May have to change belts and filters, grease equipment, clean condenser coils on chillers, check lube levels on hydraulic presses, check equipment’s electrical and bolts on machines top to bottom.
- Open/close plant: Opening includes unlock doors, turn on lights, start air compressors, start ovens and washer, light burner when ready, turn on welding gas. In winter shovel snow and throw out deicer at entrance. At the end of the shift do the opposite to close the plant.
- Operator fork truck/tow motor, hoists, scissor lifts and overhead lefts.
Skills and Experience
- Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 – 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
- Must be able to pass the respiratory test per OSHA requirement
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.