Order Processing Supervisor - Largo, FL
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
6190 118th Ave N
Largo, FL 33773
Responsible for Supervising the Order Processing team to ensure Purchase Order processes operate smoothly. Responsible to coordinate interdepartmental processes including departmental Product Change Orders (PCO), Kickoff meetings, and Customer Specific Requirements (CSR). Responsible to prepare quotations, review/process orders, generate sales leads, respond to customer requests, and follow-up on progress of prospective sales. This position will be responsible to improve the existing processes to increase efficiency and consistency.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Complies with all work rules including, but not limited to, the Company’s safety and attendance policies.
Oversee Order Entry Processing Coordinators. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervise Order Entry Processing Coordinators in the performance of:
- Purchase order translation and processing
- Maintaining conformance to ISO 9001 procedures
Coordinate and process “A-Level” product quotations. “A-Level products are custom control and cabinet configurations, and responsibilities include assisting in gathering customer requirements and translating them into a configuration that meets their needs. This may include research into accessories and require interfacing closely with design engineering.
- Maintain Product worksheets to ensure consistency of quoting across the Product Management department.
- Manage ISO document Change order process for department procedures and forms.
- Coordinate pricing process for existing and new parts.
- Interface with Company SAP system in support of quoting, order entry, Engineering Change, and Customer Specific Requirement processes.
- Work with customers, and the sales force to resolve quoting or order issues.
- Handle problems with customers relating to Purchase orders and seeks appropriate assistance as needed.
- Track all Engineering Changes initiated by Product Management to completion ensuring customer interests are represented.
- Manage kickoff meeting process for new products/new configurations. This involves calling interdepartmental meetings and ensuring action items are documented and followed through.
- Manage CSR (Customer Specific Requirements) process to ensure customer requirements are properly documented and implemented.
Skills and Experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Marketing, Business, or Technical degree or four years’ equivalent work experience with similar products/industry. Two years or more in a lead or supervisory position preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Proficient in managing and motivating subordinates.
Use of computer hardware and software, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and project management software. SAP experience a plus.
Familiarity with shipping terms is highly preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.