Field Service Technician - Solon, OH
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Bradenton, Christiansburg, Virginia, Clayton, Columbia, South Carolina, Fredericksburg, Virginia, Gainesville, Florida, Greenville, South Carolina, Herndon, Virginia, Huntsville, Alabama, Jefferson, Georgia, Largo, Florida, Leeds, Alabama, Richmond, Rocky Mount
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Field Technician will provide a high level of customer service in field installation of DCU equipment, DCU
Upgrades, and troubleshooting complex issues.
The Field Technician will resolve issues supporting Aclara’s HeadEnd Controller (AclaraONE), Data Collectors (DCU)
& client meter endpoints (MTUs).
The Field Technician is responsible for meeting all contractual service level agreements for the work they are assigned.
The Field Technician will provide timely support and resolution to our customers’ support requests.
The Field Technician will work directly and communicate with the customer in person to adhere to project schedule,
hear their concerns and build a strong relationship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on Data Collection Units (DCU)
- Ability to climb vertical ladders, some in excess of 150ft.
- Ability to work outside in all-weather elements.
- Troubleshoot customer backhaul connections (Ethernet, Cell, Fiber Optics). The technician
communication or backhaul issues.
- Troubleshoot / verify equipment installations in the field. This will include working
- Work closely with Technical Support, Engineering, Account & Project Management and Customer
- Generate Field/DCU procedures for troubleshooting and equipment diagnosis.
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements through timely response and resolution.
- Keep detailed notes and track customer issues through Customer Relationship Management
- Follow all safety guidelines and complete specified safety and product training including
- Produce reports for installation and maintenance issues.
- Utilize software applications to record and upload data from the field pertaining to installation, repair, inspection of equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate design deficiencies, customer concerns and quality problems to
- Maintain a high level of expertise through continued training.
- Work with Aclara Field Services Manager and Project Management to create an efficient project work plan.
- Utilize specialized proprietary software and hardware as provided to accomplish tasks.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years related experience and/or training in field technician role, technical support; or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage and organize personal and professional schedule.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a constantly changing work environment.
- Ability to operate and maintain current smartphone free of mechanical defects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently while following field procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Solid command of the English language and its proper use.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing, personable, and enjoy working directly with customers and coworkers.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate detailed technical information to an audience with various levels of
- Valid driver’s license that is not under or pending suspension and must meet the required
o Maximum of 1 moving violation in the last three years in combination with one at fault accident.
o Maximum of 2 moving violations in the last 3 years with no at fault accidents.
o Maximum of 2 at fault accidents in the last 3 years with no moving violations.
- 2-year technical or Associates degree.
- Experience working with electric, water, or gas utilities.
- Basic electric or electronic training.
- Experience in wireless or RF industry.
- 2 or more years of customer interfacing experience.
- Prior field work experience.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.