Senior Validation Engineer - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Aclara, a division of Hubbell, is a global leader in state of the art utility systems for water, gas and electricity.
The Sr. Validation Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of test cases, plans, documents and programs for hardware and software products including large scale data communication systems. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of Technical Regulations and Standards (TRS), product safety and ensuring compliance to applicable regulatory and internal requirements. The Senior Validation Engineer will lead projects and teams from concept to resolution; will be a mentor; will be assigned projects of high complexity with critical deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases, plans, procedures and scripts for integration, verification, validation, functional, stress, and scalability testing, for NPI and field issue resolution, with minimal guidance from manager
- Drives projects to established commitments while ensuring full compliance to process and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, Ability to multitask in a multi-priority environment. Can cope with ambiguity and is able to parse information, analyze relevant facts, and make the right decisions quickly
- Champion for Quality and Standards compliance
- Coordinate with project team during planning, execution and reporting
- Effectively interpret and communicate test plans, results and metrics
- Participate in cross functional teams during new product development and issue resolution
- Quality process implementation and disciplined use of document control systems, automated testing and bug tracking software
- Root Cause Analysis of defects
- Research methods, technology, regulations
- Design, automation and implementation of custom testing applications and processes
- Work with product marketing, design, and customer support to resolve issues
- Will polish and develop skills as required to meet the needs of the business and to foster personal growth
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to take full charge for technical, schedule and results of assignments with significant business impact.
- Must be able to leverage knowledge, experience, and initiative to successfully complete assignments outside the routine.
- Will have rotating responsibility as designated Subject Matter Expert for one or more lab areas.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science, or equivalent discipline
- At least 10 years of test development experience
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and customer focused
- Expert level experience in test automation methods and tools
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Intermediate level experience writing application software in tools such as .NET, C/C++, C# Java, Python or VB
- Advanced experience in Quality management systems such as ISO
- Five plus years’ experience testing products based on embedded microprocessors
- Some experience with an SQL environment, preferably MSSQL Server
- Advanced Excel skills with data manipulation
- Intermediate knowledge working with Microsoft Office and other related software utilizing a Windows platform
- AMI / AMR/ meters systems experience
- Experience with industry regulatory standards, ISO, ANSI, Measurement Canada, UL, etc.
- Experience testing network communication devices
- Electromagnetic Interference, Radio Frequency
- Reliability Engineering
- Six Sigma, Design Of Experiments, statistical analysis
130 Main St, Somersworth NH
30 New Hampshire Ave, Pease Tradeport, Portsmouth, NH
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.