Group Leader - 2nd shift
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Direct the day to day operation of the team to meet the required standards and targets, to develop the team to ensure delivery of a quality product and to act as the communication conduit between the team and Management.
Shift: 2nd shift
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination the flow of work within the department to expedite production; and ensure that delivery and quality meet our customer’s specific needs.
- Communicate with other work cell team leaders and departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct supporting staff in the department or Cell.
- Build the team and drive soft-skill as well as technical development for all team members.
- Assist with performance appraisals for team members.
- Coordinate and maintain inventory transactions by following acceptable company policies.
- Compile reports on team’s performance and work cell output.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in all aspects within the department.
- Recommend improvements for product, processes and tooling changes based on team member feedback.
- Provide leadership to support the manufacturing initiatives and company core values.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Coach, lead, and develop subordinates to build a sense of mission in the department or cell.
- Assist in developing standard work instructions in the department or cell.
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s experience in leading and implementing change in a high output production environment.
- Have good communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of performance in current and previous positions.
- Knowledge of Lean Principles a plus.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi task and solve practical problems effectively
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment; i.e. safety glasses, ear plugs, and work boots where necessary.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.