Sr. Associate Planner - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
353 Powerville Rd, Boonton, NJ 07005
The Planner / Buyer is responsible for scheduling production to achieve customer and stocking requirements, purchasing assigned materials Raw, WIP, Sub-contract, and FG, releasing customer orders from the planning queue based on material availability and lead-times, and driving customer on-time delivery within the lead time while maintaining optimal inventory levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule and requisition material to support production and customer requirements by maintaining planning parameters of lead-time, reorder point, and reorder quantity in accordance with the companies’ inventory and shipment objectives.
- Monitor and act on exception messages within SAP such as expedites and de-expedites open orders to more appropriate time frames as indicated by MRP changing demands.
- Maintain current promise dates on customer orders.
- Schedule work through the shop floor.
- Prioritize work orders and coordinate with manufacturing to exceed customer requirements.
- Manage inventory levels for items under your direct responsibility.
- Monitor and reduce excess to policy and excess and obsolete inventory.
- Work with QA in multiple locations to reconcile discrepant materials and pursue corrective actions from vendors.
- Expedite parts within and outside the Company.
- Interfaces daily with engineering and suppliers to resolve component issues in a timely manner to ensure delivery schedules are achieved.
- Purchase various commodities and services to satisfy direct buys per demands of the MRP system.
- Work with receiving and accounts payable for multiple locations to reconcile receiving errors and invoice issues.
- Monitor and ensure supplier on time delivery performance.
- Actively pursues alternate sources through ongoing vendor analysis and the development of quoting programs.
- Maintain purchasing information records.
- Initiate and complete special tasks/projects for continuous improvement as they arise.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of planning, purchasing, supply chain, and inventory management experience.
- At least 2 years SAP experience in MRP, planning and purchasing module preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Must have strong negotiation, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read prints and specifications.
- Ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly.
- Basic understanding of landed cost calculations (freight, lead time, INCO terms, payment terms, etc.)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.