Location: Herndon, Virginia, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide preventive, proactive legal advice on global employment law issues, including hiring, discipline, leaves of absence, layoffs, separations, and pay and benefits.
- Support the review, drafting and development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with complex and rapidly changing international, federal, state and local laws on diverse employment and compliance matters.
- Manage and/or support various complex and sensitive projects as assigned, including pay and policy reviews, and organizational changes.
- Manage outside counsel on various matters including international employment inquiries, internal investigations, employment litigation and arbitration matters and project work as assigned.
- Conduct, review and advise on internal investigations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant laws and prepare and deliver training on employment and compliance topics across various internal stakeholders.
- This position reports to the Chief Employment Counsel and requires the ability to travel up to 20%.
Skills and Experience
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in one state bar is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the areas of employment law, labor law and/or compliance investigations.
- Significant experience conducting, reviewing, or advising on labor grievances, employment litigation and/or sensitive internal investigations.
- Effective communicator, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, coworkers, and colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously, issue spot and provide incisive, practical and business-focused advice and counsel.
- Strong project management experience and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead a project from initiation to completion and the ability to balance strategic and tactical issues.
- Good judgment, a high level of professional integrity and the discretion, and tact.
- Prior in-house experience a plus.
- Experience or interest in benefits and compensation matters.
- Experience providing advice and counsel on international or multi-jurisdictional employment matters.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.