Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
PCX Corporation is the leading integrator of engineered and pre-fabricated electrical/mechanical systems for the modular data center, commercial and industrial markets. Our product offerings include but are not limited to Modular Data Centers, Power Equipment Centers, Custom Integrated Switchboards, and pre-manufactured indoor/outdoor electrical distribution centers. We are seeking innovative and talented professionals to join our team. You can visit our website at www.pcxcorp.com for more information.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, US Operations, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development and continuous improvement of manufacturing methods, as well as resource management and overall workflow efficiencies. The Manufacturing Engineer will work with production staff and engineering in the development of products, tooling, and manufacturing methods in accordance with customer specifications, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Collaborates with production in estimating production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Monitors day to day process controls to assist production and quality in meeting assigned production targets.
- Works with Production Supervisors to insure optimal functions of equipment and processes.
- Contributes to daily production meetings.
- Contributes to quality control by monitoring processes and process controls.
- Travels to supplier and customer locations as required when directed; possibly internationally.
- Develops written work instructions and other documents as required.
- Frequently acts as Project Manager as directed.
- Other duties as directed by Management.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years experience in a manufacturing or assembly setting
370 Spectrum Dr
Knightdale, NC 27545
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.