Senior Customer Service Rep - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Progress Lighting, a Strategic Business Unit of Hubbell, is one of the leading sources for residential and retail lighting with thousands of fixtures to meet the needs of any project. Our team is proud of the quality, stylish products that we provide to customers across multiple industries including retail stores, e-commerce stores, single family homes, and multi-family homes.
Culture matters to us at Progress Lighting! We fully support work-life balance and have created an environment with flexible and hybrid work options. We value and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and personalities, always encouraging people to bring their whole self to work.
701 Millennium Blvd. Greenville, SC 29607
This position requires an action-orientated, flexible problem-solver who efficiently and courteously satisfies the customer needs in respect to ordering, shipping, invoicing, claims and adjustments, inquiries, complaints, and related activities. Communicates with customers and utilizes a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fast-paced environment to provide best-in-class customer interactions.
This role will partner with Sales, Pricing, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing and other functional teams to accelerate business performance by supporting effective communication and transaction resolution with our customers and sales organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service customers with timely and professional assistance with policies & procedures, order management, pricing, and post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, inventory and delivery status, back-order inquiries, and any other issues that may arise from the order fulfillment process.
2. Take ownership of, troubleshoot, and resolve customer inquiries while building a relationship with the customer.
Research and resolve order management, discrepancy issues and customer complaints to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
Leverage and utilize customer specific operating portals for order management and customer inquiry activities.
5. Deliver best-in-class customer satisfaction, efficiency metrics and issue resolution targets.
6. Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to management.
7. Provide training and guidance to peers and other customer service team members.
8. Interact with customers to solicit feedback of Progress’ services, products, and processes.
9. Build expert, dynamic knowledge of and promote the value proposition of Progress products and services.
10. Prepare product and customer reports by gathering data collected during customer interactions.
11. Maintain current knowledge of Hubbell and Progress Terms and Conditions and Sales / Marketing pricing programs (i.e., Customer Incentive Programs, Sales Deals, Customer Specific Pricing, etc.)
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of customer service or commercial excellence experience
- Preferred: Associates degree or higher in business or related field
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including active listening and clear articulation
- Demonstrated capability and self-motivated to prioritize customer needs, actively resolve and/or tactfully escalate conflicts, and set appropriate expectations & provide commercial solutions
- Demonstrated capability to professionally communicate clearly, concisely, and with a positive and calm presence with both external customers and coworkers both in-person, via telephone, and via email
- Fluency and demonstrated capability to simultaneously navigate Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Outlook, and multiple browsers and instant messenger tools
- 3+ years of experience with SAP, including order and customer management
- Preferred: Experience with SalesForce or equivalent CRM
- Ability to work independently in a less structured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches