2nd shift Machine Operator - HGUS - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
- Inspect parts to specifications and make adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Make suggestions to supervisors for improvements associated with assigned work.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area per Hubbell’s 6S policy.
- Follow instructions; both written and verbal; from the lead person and production supervisors.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist management in keeping supplies on order.
- Inspect own work for conformity to standards.
- Assist in other areas as necessary.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task as needed.
- Knowledge of proper use of safety equipment
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward his/her work including striving for maximum production and quality of product.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.