Manufacturing Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are hiring Manufacturing Engineer to our growing team!
A Manufacturing Engineer is being hired to lead and coordinate the manufacturing process for existing and new products, and to maximize productivity, safety, quality, and efficiency. The role involves collaborating with various teams, troubleshooting production problems, employing lean manufacturing principles, and driving engineering-related manufacturing changes to improve quality, cost, and lead time. The candidate must have a Bachelors in Engineering and 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment. AutoCAD and MS Office proficiency is required, and experience with SolidWorks is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for employment of lean manufacturing principles to all product fabrication activities in support of existing production and processes as well as new configuration of existing products.
- Support and lead capital projects to improve safety, production efficiency, and quality.
- Troubleshoot production problems and make recommendations based on thorough analysis; creating necessary drawings of tooling and fixtures used in the production process.
- Drives Engineering related manufacturing changes that improve quality, cost, lead time, etc.
- Provide solutions to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Develop detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Analysis and evaluation of manufacturing methods, equipment and standards.
- Create 3D models and drawings using SolidWorks.
- Gather usage and production information from Styeline (ERP)
- Review drawings created by others for accuracy and consistency with company standards.
- Review of customer specifications for comparison to company standards and capabilities.
- Issue Engineering Change Notices with supporting documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Preparation of final reports and conducting a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Takes leadership role in process validation and pilot production activities for new and/or improved equipment and processes.
- Investigates new technologies and options for equipment, design, and assembly.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required. Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Other engineering can be considered with appropriate experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- AutoCAD including 3D Experience Required.
- MS Office Proficient.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.