Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
Under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor, the Mechanical Design Engineer designs Gleason products, meeting or exceeding company production and quality standards, and meeting customer delivery requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following roles and responsibilities will be required to fulfil the position and are not all inclusive.
- Work with the Supervisor and Design and Technical Engineering Staff to design, maintain, and improve Gleason products while meeting engineering and company standards, customer specifications, and staying within cost and schedule constraints.
- Design products to meet industry regulatory standards for safety, quality, and manufacturability such as ASME, NEMA, UL, and CSA.
- Create and maintain 3D solid models, design layouts, and production drawings using CAD tools.
- Solve problems encountered when working with Gleason products and their components related to their form, fit, and function (FFF).
- Participate on cross-functional teams and contribute to resolution of problems and continuous improvement.
- Stay current with new developments in the industry.
- Enter and maintain material master data and assembly BOMs using business application (SAP).
- Process sales orders and release notices through engineering using business application (SAP).
- Process reports relevant to product design, quality, and testing.
Skills and Experience
Up to one year of full-time work experience or three years of student intern work related to this job position is required in addition to the educational requirement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specifications, professional journals, and blueprints. Ability to write reports and documentation. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Understand the fundamentals involving structural analysis, component stress and strain, and horsepower and torque calculations related to electric motors and gear boxes.
Proficiency with 3D CAD design tools, familiarity with Autodesk Inventor desired. Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to solve practical problems involving component and product design, materials selection, manufacturability, safety, and quality. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
600 S. Clark St.
Mayville, WI 53050
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.