Financial Controller (Aclara Meters) - Somersworth, NH - Hybrid Opportunity
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Controller to join our winning team!
We have a future to create, so join Aclara as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering. Over 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software, and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in the field problem solvers.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then join us. We'll offer you a great work environment and competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision care, flex spending, 401k, tuition reimbursement, vacation, holiday and personal time, and we're committed to diversity and our veterans.
The Senior-level Controllership position at Aclara is responsible for managing the $300 million ANSI Business Unit controllership activities. The role involves managing functional areas of responsibility, ensuring compliance with policies, internal controls, and US GAAP, as well as partnering with the business to understand proposed transactions and designing effective accounting and reporting processes. The candidate should have 5-8 years of experience managing accounting-related activities, CPA certification, and familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley control and compliance requirements. The role requires strong analytical, problem-solving, leadership, and management skills, as well as the ability to adapt to a high-growth environment and work well under tight time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage functional areas of responsibility, specifically the ANSI business unit controllership functions, including general and project-level accounting and reporting, inventory tracking and reporting, revenue recognition, warranty accounting, and third-party spending to ensure activities are executed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with internal controls and Corporate policy.
- Partner with the business to understand proposed transactions, diagnose the accounting and reporting, implications in relation to U.S. GAAP as well as implications to the company’s internal control environment, including complex revenue transactions, commission arrangements and tax consequences.
- Work with the accounting and finance team to design effective accounting and reporting processes around revenue-related transactions with an appropriate focus on internal controls.
- Draft technical accounting memos, accounting position papers, and control documentation to support the company’s accounting conclusions and processes.
- Stay current with emerging accounting guidance that may impact the business, proactively assessing the impact and alternatives, and effectively communicating those findings to the company’s leadership team.
- Liaison with the company’s corporate accounting team on technical accounting matters, presenting findings, assessment and alternatives Finance leadership.
- Perform month-end close routines, including journal entries and account reconciliations, in coordination with the other BU controllers.
- Drive monthly margin variance analysis; prepare financial flux analysis in the areas of revenue, commission expense, etc.
- Analyze financial transactions for errors or deficiencies, takes action to resolve / correct disconnects, and implements improvements to prevent recurrences.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Person should have 5-8 years of experience managing Accounting-related activities in a multi-million dollar service organization
- CPA required with Masters in Accounting or MBA preferred
- Big 4 audit experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley control and compliance requirements
- Able to work hands on within the various departments of the organization and communicate effectively up the chain of command.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Ability to research and prepare internal memos to support conclusions on technical accounting issues by utilizing Accounting Standard Codification and other technical accounting sources.
- Ability to lead a team of 2-3 people
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Proficient in verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Exhibit a confident leadership presence and can effectively modify presentation styles to all levels within an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with an ability to work well under tight time constraints and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1 #LI-Hybrid
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.