Sr Associate Manufacturing Engineer - Boonton, NJ
Location: Boonton, New Jersey
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HUS is also deeply engaged in product solutions for the Utility Communications and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) space and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HUS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HUS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas, and water industries.
HUS has four business units. Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) is our electrical components and infrastructure business. Aclara is our AMI and Meters business and also includes an installation business. Hubbell Gas Connectors and Accessories (HGCA) sells connectors and accessories for the repair, replacement and refurbishment of natural gas systems. Our fourth business is our Protection and Controls business which is our newest business initiative to drive substation communications, control and protection solutions. HUS provides these solutions in the Electric Utility, Water, Gas and Communications Market.
At HUS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of principled integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers. Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Senior Associate Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for leading, managing, reporting and initiating continuous improvement projects. All aspects of designing, improving and implementing new manufacturing processes, as well as, maintaining the highest standard product quality of the onsite Utility Automation Manufacturing Plant..
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and implement cycle time and cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events.
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products. All areas fixture and process development must be covered from design to fabrication to implementation
- Work closely with Product Engineering in product changes/new product introductions
- Create new standard work instructions and documentation for process and product changes as needed
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment
- Develop capital requests
- Develop and implement ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing line issues
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees
- Support New Product Development activity including PFMEA, Quality Control Planning, Measurement Systems design and deployment
- Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
- Create and maintain Quality Assurance programs throughout the Production Operation
- Lead and participate in Problem Solving and Troubleshooting activity for the manufacturing cell
- Initiate and drive Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and sustain corrective actions
- Ownership of Nonconforming Material process
- Lead corrective action activities for manufacturing and supplier related issues
- Lead Supplier Quality Program for assigned Product Lines
- Assist in implementing and updating Value Stream Maps
- Champion continuous improvement activities
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience in an Electronics, Mechanical, or relevant manufacturing environment
- Preferred experience with mechanical 3D CAD
- Experience with Electronic and Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) Assemblies a plus
- Must have demonstrated project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills is a must
- An understanding of lean tools and concepts is essential, i.e. time studies, kaizen events, Value Stream Maps, etc
- A continuous improvement mindset is critical
- Must be familiar with ISO 9000
353 Powerville Road
Boonton Township, NJ 07005
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.