Territory Sales Manager -- Milwaukee, WI
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, Mayville, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, New Berlin, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY, as part of Hubbell and Hubbell Electrical Solutions, is a global organization known for pioneering work in the manufacture of connectors, fittings, and tools for electrical utilities, commercial, industrial, and residential contractors, maintenance and repair companies, as well as the telecommunication and renewable energy markets.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Toastmasters and more! When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
Work from Home -- Milwaukee, WI
Responsible within an assigned geographic territory for the sales of electrical connectors, enclosure products, installation tooling and accessory products to distributors, end users and contractors, primarily in the Construction and Industrial Electrical markets. Additionally responsible for working with Engineers and Consultants in furthering the specifications of Burndy, Quazite, and Hubbell products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Specification is key to the growth of Burndy's business. A Territory Sales Manager (TSM) needs to understand our position comparatively to our competitors, and be able to proficiently articulate the features, advantages and benefits of our products and solutions.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to service customers with overall sales support, training and certification classes.
- Work with our team of Business Development Managers to identify, monitor and follow-up on vertical market opportunities and provided leads.
- Demonstrate products by using samples, videos and catalogs to emphasize unique Burndy features. As new product is launched, The TSM is responsible to educate, promote and sell across the territory in conjunction with our corporate launch.
- Provides information on pricing, credit terms and other term conditions of sales. Estimates date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of delivery schedules and working with internal customer service, pricing, and product management teams.
- Prepares reports monthly on business conditions, win/loss opportunities, and sales achievements relative to assignments and quotas. Manage project business through enablement tools.
- Works within assigned expense budget.
- Meets or exceeds sales quota on quarterly and annual basis.
- Establishes themselves as a known resource for the products we represent within their defined territory to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to continually succeed in performing job duties.
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills; Proficiency in Power BI and Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work independently yet maintain a strong contributor in team settings.
- Prior success in territory sales. Prefer in OEM, Data Center and Solar
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.