Factory Technician - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
This position is responsible for helping drive continuous improvement in overall operations through the implementation of Lean Transformation, Safety, 5S, and daily management initiatives. This role drives improving the Visual Controls in the facility.
Visual control is a business management technique where information is communicated by using visual signals instead of texts or other written instructions. The design is deliberate in allowing quick recognition of the information being communicated, in order to increase efficiency and clarity.
The role will support kaizens and other Lean Transformation activities. The role will support the plant Safety Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Kaizen events comprised of multi-functional team members
- Support Safety Committee
- Work with necessary Site Safety Team to Improve safety conditions by color coding aisles and walkways by marking and painting
- Improve inventory management by marking locations for materials with signage, stencils, and color coding
- Work with necessary site personnel to brainstorm identify, address, modify workstations layouts and visual signals for productivity improvements
- Assist in developing Shadow boards
- Assist in developing and color coding 5S stations
- Assist maintenance with maintaining appearance of tooling and equipment
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Painting Skills to include use of brushes, rollers, sprayers.
- Concrete, metal, wood preparation and use of appropriate tools
- Ability to read and interpret sketches, drawings, and dimensions
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Professional Journeyman or equivalent experience required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.