Engineering Coordinator - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Archdale, North Carolina is the location of Hubbell Industrial Controls, Inc. The location manufacturers Metron fire pump controllers; pendant pushbutton stations; speed switches, power resistors, DC/AC motor controllers/accessories; lifting magnet controllers; DC devices; and Pressure Switches.
4301 Cheyenne Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
The purpose of the Engineering Coordinator position is to manage and support activities relevant to scheduling and materials management, as they relate to Engineering projects. Additionally, the Engineering Coordinator will provide all coordination and administrative support for Research & Development, Design Engineering and Systems Engineering departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter and maintain records of engineering project materials in Redmine (a project management web application).
- Procure external material(s) as requested by engineers and approved by engineering management.
- Perform web searches for requested material(s), using Hubbell approved suppliers. Create and monitor new supplier requests through SAP when necessary.
- Create Purchase Requisitions (P-Req) in SAP for materials not assigned Hubbell part numbers. When Purchase Order is generated from P-Req, track process of PO acceptance and delivery of material from supplier.
- Procure warehouse material(s) as requested by engineers and approved by engineering management.
- Create Purchase Orders in SAP for materials with Hubbell part numbers and no inventory needed for prototype builds and future new product releases.
- Create Material Masters in SAP as requested
- Create Approved Manufactures List (AML) for each Material Master created in SAP.
- Create Purchasing Info Records (PIR’s) of newly created Material Masters and including costing information.
- Create Bills of Materials (BOM’s) in SAP. Coordinate BOM reviews before scheduling production builds.
- Create and load Document Info Records (DIR’s) in SAP.
- Create production orders in SAP for engineering prototypes.
- Create prototype BOM’s as needed.
- Provide necessary manufacturing files and materials to production personnel.
- Track progress of prototype build.
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level, working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Teams and Outlook
- Familiarity with MRP systems and data entry
- Understanding of Bill of Materials, Material Masters, Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Sound electronic file management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Internet search routines for materials, datasheets, part availability, etc.
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Able to interface and work well with others.
- Able to communicate (written and verbally) clearly and concisely
- High degree of accuracy with data input and attention to details
- Able to work independently with moderate supervision
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent business experience.
- One to two years coordinative/administrative experience in an engineering or other technical environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.