Software Engineer - Somersworth, NH
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We have a future to create, so join Hubbell as we harness science and engineering to make a difference. We're at the intersection of communications, data technology, energy, and national resource engineering.
Over 800 energy and utility customers across the globe ask us to solve complex challenges from making the power grid smarter, to delivering clear water, to empowering their customers to conserve energy. We're a hardware, software, and network engineering company building new solutions to hard problems. We're big data gurus and in the field problem solvers.
As a Software Engineer at Hubbell, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying software applications for electricity, gas, and water metering systems. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and end-users to ensure that the developed applications meet the requirements and are of high quality.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills, experience in developing software applications, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop high-quality applications that meet the requirements of the business and end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are adding a Software Engineer to our team! A successful candidate will:
- Identify, evaluate and propose software productivity and quality improvements for the manufacturing operation.
- Design, develop, and maintain reliable software applications written in high level languages and modern technologies with limited guidance from Manager or Architect.
- Manage full Software Development Life Cycles of each project.
- Document all newly developed code, code modifications, and issue resolutions.
- Ensure department software version and bug tracking systems are updated in a timely manner.
- Use software development best practices and adhere to department software policies and procedures.
- Provide project status to management on a timely basis.
- Raise issues to management as they are identified.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide mentorship to Associate and Junior Software Engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of development experience using VB.net, C# or equivalent object-oriented language.
- Minimum 1-3 years of database experience with SQL Server or comparable database. To include advanced queries and database architecture setup.
- Strong experience in C#/GoLang/Powerbuilder/Python programming language with a focus on developing production and metering applications for various platforms such as desktop, mobile, and web.
- Strong experience in using software development tools and platforms such as Visual Studio, .NET framework, and Azure DevOps for continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience in ERP and Engineering Change systems such as SAP HANA and Fusion PLM
- Experience in C#/GoLang/Powerbuilder/Python programming languages with a focus on developing metering applications for various platforms such as desktop, mobile, and web.
- Knowledge of 3rd party APIs and integrating them in built-in applications.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.