Accounting Manager- San Antonio, TX
Location: San Antonio
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
AccelTex Solutions engineers and manufactures products and accessories for wireless networks – connecting businesses and people around the world.
San Antonio, TX
The Accounting Manager is responsible for financial reporting activities for AccelTex Solutions. This role will support the Electrical Products team to accurately reflect the financial performance of the business. As the manager you will be responsible for financial reporting and providing operational support to the organization. These duties help to improve efficiency and reduce costs. This position also applies principles of accounting to develop systems, analyze data, recommend improvements to management, and implement/maintain approved recommendations while ensuring the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full Ownership of AccelTex accounting processes
- Establish and maintain robust controls and compliance with Hubbell policy and procedures
- Support internal and external audits including providing documentation for compliance with SOX Key controls
- Ownership of financial data in local and Corporate ERP systems
- Provide finance support for local sales and operations team
- Timely completion monthly closing journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Provide support for preparing and loading annual operating budget and monthly forecasts. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial reports, cost reports, corporate reporting package as part of the month end and quarterly closing processes.
- Assist in execution of annual physical inventories. Conducts and manages the physical inventories
- Assist in the verification of fixed assets
- Maintain responsibility for routine calculation of accruals
- Work with project managers to accurately record capital purchases and associated depreciation
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of the close process through enhancement of existing procedures and utilization of financial systems and tools
- Assist in the migration of the local ERP systems to SAP
- Complete ad hoc financial information requests and various special projects as needed
- Manage costs associated with the growing Datacom business including both variable and fixed costs.
- Partner and collaborate with Hubbell and EP Finance along with AccelTex Sales, Integration and Operations Managers to improve, drive and implement procedural best practices
- Sub-Ledger Reconciliation for Inventory, Return to Vendor and Warranty/Return Accruals
- Responsible for inventory purchasing and turn analysis capabilities
- Assist in the Data Migration and implementation of new Service & ERP Systems.
- Conduct Revenue, Cost and budget to actual Analysis.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years accounting experience, preferably within a multi-site manufacturing organization
- BS in Accounting/Finance required, good understanding of GAAP
- Excellent working knowledge of transactional accounting and internal controls | SOX
- Quickbooks (required) / SAP, HFM and Onestream, and PowerBI knowledge are a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel (V-lookup, pivot tables) and Powerpoint
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives and implementing finance and accounting best practices
- Self-starter who can work independently and employs time management skills to meet stated deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and enlist cooperation in all areas
- Strong financial strategic thinking to guide the business
- Strong analytical skills to conduct various audits, prepare and review reports and communicate recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Demonstrated experience adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.